Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Monday, December 2, 2013

"Fun in the Field" by Sally from the Anjali House Writing Project


"Fun in the Field" by Sally is the second story from the series of poems and stories written during the 
Anjali House Writing Project directed by Sue Guiney.  (All of the authors have been given pen names as required under Cambodian privacy statues.). The authors are all just starting to learn English.  Be sure to also read Sally's autobiography.  She is sixteen.  There will be lots more stories posted.  Please take the time to read at least Sue's introductory post. 





Sue Guiney's Introductory Post  - contains important links 





Fun in the Field, by Sally

   Today, people are busy working under a sunny day in the field, but Naron is free. He doesn’t like working. He likes playing with his friend, Billy. Naron is 17 years old.
   One day his mother comes and talks to him. His mother says, ”Naron, why don’t you go and help your neighbor in the field?”
   “But mum, now I am busy. I can’t go and help them,”
he answers.
   His mother asks, “So, what are you doing?”
   Naron answers, “I am playing football with my friend,
Billy.”
   “That’s not the good answer,” says his mother. “You should
go and help your neighbor in the field. It is also fun and you can learn how to farm.”
   Naron walks outside to the field angrily. He thinks he can’t play with his friend any more. But he is wrong. His friend also goes to the field and they start to help their neighbor. It is fun, too. Now he knows that besides playing football, he can do other things to have fun.




Sally, age 16 

Author supplied data 

One day that I always remember since I was a child is trying to learn new letters. When I was 10 years old, my parents sent me to school. That time I loved learning. Every day when I went to school I tried to read new letters and write them down. Every time that I couldn’t write the letters that I read, I always cried and asked for help from my parents or my brothers. They always helped me and cheered me up. My mum told me that learning is not easy as you might think. So you need to try hard and do your best. We are here to help you! I felt warm when my mum said that. Since that time I tried and tried until I passed all my examinations and went to grade 2. And now I still try hard to achieve my goal.



I am very honored to be able to publish this story.  


No comments: