Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Reading Life Review Part II -Fiction 2016


Favorite Fiction, Monthly Listing

I decided this year to look for my favorite works of fiction through a monthly breakdown.

January

All My Worldly Goods by Irene Nemirovsky



February

Memoirs of An Anti-Semite by Gregor von Rezzori.  My second reading.  I hope to reread it in November. His best book.

March

Purple Hibiscus by Ngozi Adiche.  On my read all she publishes list

April

Bark Skins by Anne Prouix.  Masterwork.

May

The Vegetarian by Han Kang International Booker Prize Winner

The Lover by Marguerite Dumas.  A classic work of S E Asian post colonial literature

Love in A Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford. Funny, wise, and beautiful,

June

The Grand Hotel by Vicki Baum.  One of the Best works of Weimar Germany



July

Dogs and Wolves by Irene Nemirovsky. Very valuable work

August

The Poems of Elizabeth Bishop

September

On Carbon and Light by Noel Duffy

October.

The Bottle Factory by Beryl Bainbridge.  One of her best


November

The Glass Bead Game by Herman Hesse.  Probably his master work

December.

Nothing worth mentioning

Mel u

1 comment:

Suko said...

Mel, thank you for sharing your list of favorites by month. I hope this month will be outstanding in this regard.